Sunday, October 23, 2011

Layer 2 and 2.5


Finished the second layer of ink on these four paintings today. One of them (with the purple circle) just didn't look right, and I discovered it was a proportion issue. So, I sanded off some of it and then gessoed over it. I really like how it looks now...just with the gesso and some of the texture coming through. I am tempted to leave it super minimalist...but, I am driven to see this image in real life. It was burned in my mind so vividly, now I have to paint it in reality. One of the paintings, the one with the larger leaves, might be finished already. Sometimes I feel that a painting needs more and more layers until it is done. But, other times if I keep painting past a point I lose the essence of it's beauty in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment