Friday, March 18, 2011

another artist...

I have been inspired again by another artist, David Graeme Baker. He has these sublime oil paintings with soft edges and subtle colors. His "interiors" series inspires strong emotions and a very nostalgic feeling. I love to look at empty spaces that were once occupied by people. The people that were once there leave traces of themselves. David's paintings make you feel like you have secretly entered into the intimate space of someone's everyday life, almost as though you were a part of their life. His other work is very beautiful as well, but the interiors series paintings are the ones that spoke to me the most.

I am happy to be inspired by yet another artist. I am just beginning some new work at the moment, but it hasn't formed itself enough to be presented to the world. Soon, though, very soon.

And a quick note...two of my links to 'my favorite places to visit' were broken, but I fixed them now :) 'My brother's amazing art', and 'the best films' work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment