Sunday, November 7, 2010

events and adventures


I went on an art adventure recently for a Destination Journal
session with the amazing artist Dina Mack. Every Destination
Journal is a sensory adventure to inspire us to create works of art (and/or writing) in our journals. I have been working on mine for years now, rather sporadically, but these sessions are always perfect to get back into it. This time we went to The Spice and Tea Exchange.It was a surreal adventure full of exotic spice smells in every blend or pure form you could want. We sampled two distinct spice blends mixed in olive oil with little pieces of bread. After exploring the warm timeless environment we all spread our art supplies on picnic cloths on the floor and dove into our journals. I can't wait to go to the next one.

My journal that I work in is an old book of maps which I ripped the spine out of to accommodate all of the things I like to put in it. So now it is tied together with a black cord. I also carry around scraps of pictures and words in a cellophane envelope tucked into the cord on the front cover that Dina gave me at a past Destination Journal session. I paste, rip, draw, paint, make pockets and fill them up, write and fold.

I am also working on some new art, which I will hopefully post pics of soon.

4 comments:

  1. great entry! love what you are doing! I need to go to the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle - thanks so much for sharing your experience. Your maps are beautiful! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are welcome Dina, thanks Robin, and thanks Phyllis--yes, you should come to the next Destination Journal!

    ReplyDelete