Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Unity Tree

This month during third Thursday (an arts night downtown Orlando) Swamburger (of the local music group Soliloquists of Sound) organized a large street painting session. People were to bring a canvas and and easel to paint on with the theme of "Unity" in mind. It was a lot of fun, even though it rained off and on throughout the evening. I managed to cover the whole canvas with paint by 11:30 pm, but I still had a ways to go. Here is the finished painting a week after the event. It's acrylic on canvas, 16"x20".

4 comments:

  1. Love this tree! Reminds me of a Baobob tree from Kenya. Great texture, line/form and movement. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your life fills your work. This is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - I like your theme Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! Pam, the theme was from Swamburger, he organized the street artists for third Thursday and had the theme of "Unity", I like the theme too :)

    ReplyDelete