Friday, July 30, 2010

I love architecture and fantasy, so when I saw this artist's work this morning I was really excited. Christina Shurt has amazing paintings with brilliant color combinations and thick, deliberate brush strokes. She combines memory with actual structures to form her paintings. The images remind me of dreams and old stories I read as a child. Somehow they have reminded me of Ray Bradbury and the way he describes places with nostalgic weavings of multi-sensory experiences.
I am holding my breath waiting to post some images of four paintings I have been working on the last few weeks. I was commissioned to paint underwater scenes and I had so much fun painting them and researching creatures who live in the sea. I deliver them tomorrow, so I will be able to share them after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment