Monday, May 31, 2010

beautiful paintings

I just discovered a website of one of my former professors in college (Savannah College of Art and Design), Sandra Reed. She was completely inspirational and so encouraging. I remember at the end of one of our classes she showed us an amazing drawing she had done of a woman standing next to a tree with striking high contrast and brilliant highlights. Her paintings that she has on her site are wonderful as well. I am so inspired by architecture and the simple shapes that are found in them. Her paintings have such an ethereal light sense and capture a particular feeling that remind me of when I lived in Savannah, GA. The bridge paintings bring me back to the painting department at SCAD. Such a familiar sight, those large grey pillars under the bridge.
Here's the link to her site:

1 comment:

  1. wow! that's a great website. love sandra's painting. brings back memories i'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete